Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20th, 2009


May we always remember that before we are democrats, republicans and independents we are all Americans. Today was a pretty incredible day…I guess. Though I had hoped for a different outcome watching the Inauguration –by which that is the hardest work in the English Dictionary to spell, I felt proud to be an American. Not that I ever take for granted the rights given to me or that I am never not proud to be an American, I somehow felt more appreciative of who I am and where I come from. They say we are in a crisis and I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone in our country. We may not have the money we thought we would today and many have seen their hopes and dreams go up in smoke, but we are in America and will never experience the hardship that many other countries do. I have a roof over my head and shoes on my feet and an secure and free, and that’s more than many experiences in a lifetime. Perhaps on a day like today we can forget that we are in a “crisis” that we might have to buy generic brands, walk more than drive, reach out and help another instead of trying so hard to help ourselves. May we just learn to appreciate the family and friends we have rather than waste time worrying about the things we don’t have.

No comments:

Post a Comment